With over one million users, Tasktop Technologies created and leads the Eclipse Mylyn ALM project, which provides the task-focused interface technology that integrates over 70 ALM systems and enables dramatic visibility and traceability across the entire software value chain and drives measurable productivity gains for any organization who has to develop and deliver software.
Built on Eclipse Mylyn and leveraging the Tasktop Certified Connector program, Tasktop Sync provides organizations who develop and deliver software with a unprecedented visibility and traceability while facilitating collaboration and workflow across the various silos involved including development, testing, operations, business analysis, project management, and executive management.
Global 2000 organizations adopting Tasktop Dev Enterprise are attaining 50-100% productivity gains from their enterprise Tasktop rollout. The task-focused interface streamlines development and team communication by integrating ALM and task management systems with the developer's Eclipse-based integrated development environment (IDE), and automatically focusing the developer on the code that is relevant for a given task, thereby reducing information overload, facilitating multitasking and providing automated time tracking.
Tasktop's products reduce costs by modernizing and integrating existing infrastructure, such as IBM's Rational Team Concert with HP's Quality Center, and by integrating these tools along with leading Agile and open source technologies. ALM technologies created and supported by Tasktop are:
- Most Widely Used: Included in 90% of Eclipse distributions and downloaded over 2 million times a month, the Mylyn project that Tasktop created and leads is the de facto task management and collaboration system for enterprise developments.
- Most Widely Integrated: A majority of the global 2000 organizations utilize Tasktop technology to leverage their existing infrastructure through a single point of interaction with over 70 of the most popular Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) systems including IBM, HP and Microsoft.
In addition, Tasktop has defined the Agile Task Management layer of ALM, and become the leading supplier of ALM integrations for Eclipse.
- ALM Integrations: Tasktop created and maintains all the Mylyn integrations for nearly all leading Agile and ALM vendors and is the only supplier of Eclipse implementation services for the Eclipse Foundation.
- Strategic Alliances: Microsoft hired Tasktop to create Eclipse compatibility and UI improvements for Windows 7. Tasktop created and maintains the VMware SpringSource Tool Suite and is VMware's delivery partner for the Code2Cloud Application Lifecycle Tools initiative.
- Thought Leadership: IBM worked closely with Tasktop to define the OSLC standard for ALM, leveraging Tasktop's extensive community feedback. Tasktop is a member of the W3C working with IBM, Oracle and EMC on defining the standard for Linked Data.
- Enables accurate project tracking and timely visibility, especially in remote and outsourced team environments
- Modernizes existing systems and enables gradual migration to multi-vendor and open source ALM
- Produces a measurable 50% increase in productivity
- Eases developer adoption of Agile, Scrum, and issue and defect tracking tools
- Provides dramatic productivity benefits with one-click multitasking and instant interruption recovery
- Facilitates communication around code and sharing of expertise