We recently put out a year in review press release. I thought it would be fun to put together a top 10 list of my favorite accomplishments from this year.
- People love working for Tasktop as evidenced by us being named the 2011 Best Employer in BC and named BC Business Magazine’s #4th best company to work for in BC in the Digital Tech & Services Category 2011
- The introduction of Tasktop Sync extending Tasktop’s integration capabilities beyond the developer to other constituents in the software development process including testers, managers, and business analysts
- Open source leadership with active participation in the Eclipse Foundation including: continued leadership of Mylyn and the promotion of Mylyn to a top-level Eclipse project, mentor of Hudson and Lyo (OSLC SDK project) in Eclipse, participation in various Eclipse DemoCamps, Eclipse Island in CeBIT, Eclipsecon, etc., active contributor to nearly two dozen open source projects
- Four Tasktop Dev product releases
- Expansion of the Tasktop partner ecosystem with new connectors for Accept360, Polarion, Borland StarTeam, and SmartBear CodeCollaborator
- Task Focused Continuous Integration via a new connector for Hudson and Jenkins
- Cross-repository Agile Planning with Eclipse IDE integration and offline support
- Tasktop Dev for Visual Studio extends the capabilities historically available to Eclipse users to .NET users as well
- Mik Kersten’s 2011 Top 10 Prediction Series was incredibly popular, and we also discovered that Mik considers writing a guilty pleasure. Mik also introduced ALM Automation during his keynote at JAX
- Recognition for our efforts as we were awarded the 2011 AllianceONE Partner of the Year Award from HP – Innovative Partner and were named a finalist as the Most Innovative Java Company at the JAX Innovation Awards 2011
We want to thank you for supporting Tasktop in 2011, and look forward to an even more active 2012.
About Neelan Choksi
In 2010, Neelan Choksi joined Tasktop as the President & COO and continues to serve Tasktop on its board as he has done since 2008. As President, he oversees sales, sales engineering, marketing and business development, helping Tasktop get its innovations into the hands of those who need it the most.