Tasktop Dev’s integration for IBM Rational ClearQuest allows you to query your ClearQuest server and access your change requests from the IDE. Developers can then quickly view and update requests without leaving the IDE or repeatedly switching to a ClearQuest client or web browser. When a team member modifies a change request of interest, an incoming change notification is displayed in the task list in Eclipse and is highlighted in the integrated change request editor. Teams using ClearQuest can therefore focus the IDE UI on only the code that is relevant for each change request and can take advantage of task-focused programming productivity. The ClearQuest connector is currently available as an extension for Tasktop Dev Enterprise as part of a Tasktop Early Access program and requires server-side updates available from IBM. Contact us for details.
Tasktop's Dev integration for IBM Rational ClearCase streamlines development by automatically tagging commits and grouping modified files by the relevant change request. This streamlines development by linking each line of code to the relevant task and enables developers to commit or revert only the changes corresponding to a particular change request.
Please note: The Tasktop Dev connector for IBM Rational ClearQuest requires the purchase of additional services.
- Access ClearQuest change requests from the IDE. Tasktop Dev integration for ClearQuest enables developers to see their ClearQuest work items from the comfort of their IDE.
- Associate code context to ClearQuest record. Tasktop Dev Integration for ClearQuest allows developers to connect context, including code and other artifacts to the ClearQuest record.
- Integration with ClearCase. By integrating ClearCase, Tasktop Dev enables automatic commit comment generation, code linkage and code change set management.
- Make ClearQuest a natural part of the developer experience. Tasktop Dev enables developers to work from their IDE with ClearQuest records. This increases productivity and quality by reducing the number of clicks and time spent outside of the developer experience.
- Link context to ClearQuest record. By providing integrated context, Tasktop Dev allows developers to not only associate their work context with a ClearQuest record, but also share that context with other developers.
- Automated change management integration. By extending the power of Unified Change Management provided by ClearQuest and ClearCase, Tasktop Dev integrates change sets with ClearQuest records. This allows stronger audit control and better change management.