IBM Rational Requirements Composer (RRC) has been rebranded by IBM and is now called IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation (DOORS NG). It is the requirements tool from IBM Rational that provides support for defining, managing and reporting on requirements. It helps organizations, and requirements engineers in particular, take control of their requirements process. It is a web-based application, built on the Jazz platform, that is part of the Collaborative Lifecycle suite from Rational.
When combined with Tasktop Sync, RRC/DOORS NG provides an integrated requirements solution for the whole lifecycle. Tasktop Sync enables DOORS NG/RRC requirements to be surfaced, edited and commented on in third-party tools. This allows RRC/DOOR NG users to take advantage of the definition, management and reporting capabilities of their tool while other users use different tools for development, testing or project management.
Recent enhancement's to Tasktop's RRC/DOORS NG integration now allow users to take full advantage of RRC's complex containment structure, accommodating not only their use of collections, but also of folders and Modules. RRC/DOORS NG users are also able to benefit from Tasktop's Artifact Relationship Management feature, allowing them not only to sync artifacts themselves, but to also synchronize the relationships between these artifacts, preserving important contextual information.
An integrated requirements approach that combines RRC/DOORS NG and Tasktop Sync supports more fluid development approaches such as iterative and Agile and allows requirements to be up-to-date throughout the project.
- Synchronize RRC/DOORS NG artifacts to third party tools with Tasktop Sync
- Synchronize RRC/DOORS NG containers (folders) to other systems
- Preserve the relationships between artifacts defined in RRC/DOORS NG in the target system
- Support for RRC/DOORS NG reporting and traceability even if the artifacts neither originate in nor are owned by RRC/DOORS NG
- Improve team collaboration by connecting RRC/DOORS NG to third party tools and allow artifacts to be synchronized across the lifecycle
- Enable a consistent requirements process to be defined in RRC/DOORS NG and followed in other third party tools
- Support cross-tool traceability and reporting, removing the need for manual processes and spreadsheets
- Support for external outsourced development and test work through integration of RRC and other external tool ecosystems.