Integrate your tools. Connect your software development and delivery team.
Tasktop Sync Integration for HP ALM and HP QC
Synchronize all artifacts between HP QC/ALM and third-party tools
Integrate HP QC or HP ALM with: JIRA, RTC, TFS, ServiceNow, CA PPM and more
HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and HP Quality Center (QC) provide users with support for requirements, test and defect management.
Testers and Testing Centers of Excellence rely on HP QC and HP ALM to provide the infrastructure they need to execute their work. But when it comes time to collaborate with other members of the extended development team, the fact that other stakeholders rarely work in HP QC can become an impediment.
- The testers need project requirements to plan their test strategies and develop test cases, but the business analysts may create these requirements in other tools.
- Testers create and manage defects in HP QC, but the development team may prefer to see and manage their work in an Agile planning tool.
- Management may want to track release progress by looking at defect reports, but they’d like to be sure that the defect reports reflect their current status – even though the development team doesn’t update information directly in HP QC.
Tasktop Sync addresses this by allowing for a flexible yet managed development approach across a heterogeneous tool stack. Tasktop Sync enables the HP admin to define how defects, requirements, and test artifacts can be synchronized to artifacts in the tools that the rest of the project team uses.
HP QC participates in many Software Lifecycle Integration Patterns, most notably:
- Developer – Tester Alignment
- Requirements Management – Test Planning Alignment
- Help Desk Incident Escalation
- Known Defect Status Reporting to Help Desk
- Consolidated Reporting
- Supply Chain Integration
Key Features and Benefits
- Synchronizes artifacts across the lifecycle, allowing information to flow freely between HP QC/ALM and other tools
- Improve team collaboration by connecting HP QC/ALM to third party tools and allow artifacts to be synchronized across the lifecycle.
- Support cross-tool traceability and reporting, removing the need for manual processes and spreadsheets.