Integrate your tools. Connect your software development and delivery team.
Tasktop Sync Integration for IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation
Take control of your requirements process
Integrate DOORS NG with: JIRA, HP QC, Rally, VersionOne and many more
IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation (DOORS NG), formerly known as IBM Rational Requirements Composer (RRC), is the requirements tool from IBM Rational that provides support for defining, managing and reporting on requirements.
Business analysts and product managers love using a requirements management tool that’s build specifically for the work they do every day. But when it comes time to share that work with other members of the team, the lack of integration with the tools those colleagues use, creates unnecessary friction.
For example, testers need these requirements in order to create their test strategies. In fact, most test management tools assume that the requirements are surfaced in those tools. Without synchronizing the requirements from DOORS NG to their test management tools, testers are forced to manually copy the requirements from one tool to the next. Similarly, developers need access to the requirements in order to understand what to build.
Tasktop Sync enables DOORS NG/RRC requirements to be surfaced, edited and commented on in third-party tools. This allows RRC/DOORS NG users to take advantage of the definition, management and reporting capabilities of their tool while other users use different tools for development, testing or project management.
Learn more about some of the Software Lifecycle Integration Patterns for DOORS NG:
- Requirements Traceability
- Requirements Management – Agile Planning Alignment
- Requirements Management – Test Planning Alignment
- Project Portfolio Management – Requirements Management Alignment
- Help Desk Feature Request
- Consolidated Reporting
- Supply Chain Integration
Key Features and Benefits
- Use Artifact Relationship Management to sync the artifacts in DOORS NG complex containment structure of folders, collections and modules, to artifacts in other systems – preserving the relationships between artifacts defined in DOORS NG in the target system.
- Synchronizes artifacts across the lifecycle, allowing information to flow freely between DOORS NG and other tools
- Improve team collaboration by connecting DOORS NG to third party tools and allow artifacts to be synchronized across the lifecycle.
- Support cross-tool traceability and reporting, removing the need for manual processes and spreadsheets.