Tasktop Dev for Visual Studio brings Eclipse Mylyn's task list and connectors into the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE. The personal task list and rich task editors are embedded in the Visual Studio IDE as they are in Eclipse. The Tasktop Dev for Visual Studio application runs alongside the Visual Studio IDE to provide access to the Mylyn infrastructure and its connectors. Installing a Mylyn connector into Tasktop Dev for Visual Studio will enable access to tasks from the corresponding ALM system from within the task list in Visual Studio.
The standalone Tasktop application included with Tasktop Dev for Visual Studio provides additional functionality such as the ability to track and report the time spent on each task, integrate Outlook email with the task list, and track the web pages and documents associated with each task. The task list in the Tasktop application is automatically kept in sync with the task list embedded in Visual Studio.
- Access TFS items from a personal Task list. This allows developers to schedule and prioritize work items in their own task list, which can include work items from other repositories such as JIRA, ClearQuest and Bugzilla.
- Offline working with TFS task list. By synchronizing the task list to the developers own work space, Tasktop Dev allows developers to work with TFS work items in an offline mode.
- Connect TFS work item to code context, which allows social coding and better context sharing. By connecting the developer's context to the TFS work item, it can be shared with the team or other developers for faster issue resolution and code review.
- Personalized query management. This allows developers to see the work items that are relevant to them.
- Work with TFS items within Eclipse and expand the use of TFS for developers using Eclipse.
- Integrated task management, which allows projects using multiple repositories to see all their work in one place.
- Work off line without fear of problems with synchronizing the work list later.
- Context sharing for faster issue resolution and better collaboration.
- Unify your use of TFS across multiple IDE’s.