Tasktop Sync is a software solution that provides fully automated, enterprise-grade synchronization among the disparate tools used in software development organizations.
Organizations have worked hard to create a tool infrastructure that will make all members of the software development and delivery team more productive. There are excellent tools for every phase of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM). But when it come to sharing the artifacts they create, business analysts, product managers, product owners, developers, architects, testers, system administrators, project managers, scrum masters and help desk professionals, all find themselves stuck within ALM tool silos.
For example, the requirements created by a business analyst or product owner in a requirements management system are not automatically synched with the test management system that the QA team uses. Yet the QA team needs those requirements to create their test cases, and developers prefer to see requirements and other artifacts in their development environment.
What results is unnecessary friction that slows development, introduces errors, makes regulatory compliance difficult and decreases customer satisfaction.
Tasktop Sync increases collaboration by synchronizing artifacts across ALM application boundaries. It tears down the tool silo around each functional discipline, while maintaining the existing tool infrastructure. Practitioners operate in their tool of choice while receiving continual updates from other systems. Application development and deployment is strengthened, and the investment in existing tools is reinforced.
Unlike previous integration solutions, Tasktop Sync operates as a configurable integration bus rather than as a platform for point-to-point customizations. This increases the robustness of the infrastructure and reduces the cost and risk of the deployment.
Tasktop Sync includes Sync Studio, a comprehensive administrative console to manage and configure enterprise ALM integrations. Sync Studio provides authoring tools for task, data, workflow connectivity and integration between ALM servers and helps IT organizations better manage the growing number of ALM systems in a typical software delivery stack.
- Click to enlarge
Sync provides a browser-based dashboard that provides administrators instant visibility to Sync's operations. The dashboard provides comprehensive information about:
- Current synchronizations in process, queued for processing, and those completed
- Synchronization statistics
- Access to all log files and any outstanding errors
- Click to enlarge
- Sync Studio for authoring and visualization of ALM Architecture, mappings, and repositories. Provides visual configuration of business processes and data flows.
- Browser-based analytics and dashboards for management and monitoring of ALM systems.
- No new repositories needed; all data stored in your existing ALM systems. Enhances the reporting capabilities of existing systems; gain greater visibility using current reports.
- Support for all artifact types, including tasks, work items, defects, requirements and tests.
- Includes capability for bi-directional and one-way synching using Tasktop's patent-pending techniques. Also supports Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) standards.
- Real-time synchronization (<1s average time per sync item with standard server specs).
- Highly scalable. Performance is not gated by the number of artifacts synched.
- Automated and configurable conflict resolution.
- Includes a library of data transformations that can be extended through scripting.
- Support for Groovy scripting provides extension for complex logic, transformations and branching.
- System data integrity is assured: Tasktop Sync uses vendor-approved APIs.
- Gain advantages of tool standardization without ripping and replacing existing tools.
- Unlock data trapped within ALM tool siloes – data automatically flows between systems.
- Achieve greater visibility through existing reports and analytics – synched data becomes visible in existing reports.
- Automate end-to-end software lifecycle governance.
- Connect all stakeholders in the software delivery supply chain.
- Increase practitioner efficiency and satisfaction through increased information currency and decreased administrative overhead.
- Integrate best-of-breed, open source, legacy and enterprise Agile tools.
- Reduce risk in your Agile rollout or ALM modernization strategy.
- Reduce costs related to adoption of new technology.
- Extend life and increase ROI of existing infrastructure.
Popular Synchronization Videos:
Watch more videos...
Contact us to deploy Tasktop Sync in your environment.