Tasktop Dev 3.0November 13, 2013
Need a connector?
More Visible Time Tracking and Reporting
In Tasktop Dev you can now see all the time that you’ve logged against a task since it was first activated, allowing you to more easily monitor your progress.
Effortless Time Submission to CA Clarity AgileWith Tasktop Dev, developers can now submit the time they have worked on tasks to CA Clarity Agile from within Visual Studio, eliminating the need to switch to a different interface for time entry and freeing up more time for programming.
Enhanced Querying in HP Agile Manager (AGM) ConnectorTasktop Dev’s HP AGM Connector now has increased querying capability. The improved user interface supports querying for both defects and user stories in the same query and allows users to query over more fields, including querying by Feature and Theme. It also has a set of pre-defined queries to make it easier to setup your task list. Additionally, the improved HP AGM connector runs queries much more quickly.
Increased Agile Support in HP AGM ConnectorTasktop Dev now supports creating subtasks of a defect or a user story, allowing you to easily follow Agile best practices and ensure a clear breakdown of the work required to deliver a user story or fix a defect.
Ensure Prompt Status Updates in AGMWhen starting work on a user story, defect, or sub-task, easily communicate your status to the rest of your team by using the Start Work command. In one step, this will activate the task, assign it to you, and change its status to In Progress.
Increased Flexibility for Requirement Creation Using HP ALMTo enable managing large numbers of requirements by grouping them in folders, the HP ALM connector allows users to create new requirements in any requirement folder instead of only in the root folder.
Increased Mylyn Functionality Results from Tasktop Engineering ContributionsTasktop Dev 3.0 is built on Mylyn 3.10. Tasktop and others contributed the following new features to Mylyn 3.10. See the Mylyn 3.10 New and Noteworthy for more information.
- Mylyn now displays the date of the last comment on a task at the top of the task editor, making it easier to discern to the state of a task
- The Gerrit connector now supports Gerrit 2.6 and 2.7.
- Mylyn now allows you to undo tasks and bins that have been marked as read, making it easier to recover from accidentally marking a query or date bin as read.
- When looking at the task list, you can now see which tasks have a private note attached. This is indicated with a yellow pencil icon.
- The build editor now opens immediately and populates as soon as data is available, allowing users to open it in a web browser if desired without having to wait for the build data to be downloaded first.
New Connector for Serena Business ManagerDevelopers can access SBM from the comfort of their Eclipse or Visual Studio IDE and quickly view and update their tasks through the embedded SBM web UI. In addition, Tasktop Dev for SBM provides the ability to track context such as web pages and documents associated with each task and share that context with other developers who are also working on the same task.
Also see the Tasktop ChangeLog
for a detailed list of improvements included in this release.